So guys, today is extra special. Why you might ask? It’s my twenty-fifth birthday! Yes, your girl is 25-years-old today, and I couldn’t feel any better about where my life is headed. Twenty-four was such an amazing year: I got my master degree, launched my first ever magazine, moved to NYC, landed a job in the beauty industry and fell in love with the most amazing boyfriend ever. It was a great year. Which is how I know that it can only be up from here. Along with all my ups and downs, I have learned so many lessons that I want to share with you all. Keep reading for my top 25 things I’ve learned so far!
- Don’t be too hard on yourself.
- Trust your gut instances – it never lies to you.
- Don’t stop being you, no matter who likes you and who doesn’t.
- Never put your dreams on hold.
- It’s okay to take a break from time to time.
- Celebrate your accomplishments, and take note of your downfalls. Everything is a lesson learned.
- Always find different ways to motivate yourself.
- Let things come to you, but don’t stop working hard for what you deserve.
- Don’t be afraid to branch out on your own.
- Don’t get caught up in leaning on others for support or direction.
- Talk to God often.
- Write more. Journal more.
- Read articles that push you to stay inspired.
- Love yourself, always.
- Continue to be the best version of yourself.
- Take care of yourself – inside and outside.
- Yes, sleep is important. Especially the older you get.
- Stop thinking that everyone is out to get you.
- Stop overthinking.
- Live your best life.
- Never stop meeting new people. You can never have enough connections.
- Get out of your comfort zone.
- Educate yourself any chance you get.
- Learn that everyone is not like you.
- Don’t sweat the small things.
What are your biggest takeaways as you get older? Comment below!
As always, you can follow me on Instagram at @beelievedahype.
Have a great week guys! xo
Photographer: Crystal Cox | @TheMusingEye
themusinglens.com // Location: New York