As I sit in O’Hare airport, I can’t help but to think of everything that has happened in 2017. With only a few days left of the year, how could you not reflect? This year I pushed myself the best way I knew how, and the outcome was more than I expected. I reached new levels in my career, my personal life and with my blog. Sometimes we get so caught up in the everyday life that we forget to count our blessings and reflect on our accomplishments. Go has truly blessed me with some much, and I’m vey excited to see what he has in store for me next year. Keep reading to find out what I’m most grateful for, as well as what’s to come for 2018.
- Family – Without the support of my family, I don’t think I would be able to do half of the things that I do. I mean the love is just so genuine and endless, and knowing that they have my back really keeps me motivated. Another thing that keeps me motivated is knowing that my brothers look to me to be an example to them. This makes me work even harder. I’m thankful for them all year round!
- Friends – I have long-term friends who have been with me for years, and at first I thought you needed a lot of friends to be successful or to just be a normal human being, but as I grew I realized the importance of having a small knit group of friends rather than a bunch of associates. During this year I’ve lost friendships, and I’ve learned that it’s okay – because the friendships that haven’t changed are the ones that are true, and I have nothing but God to thank for the amount of realness in my corner. Thank you to my amazing best friends – all three of you (lol).
- Boyfriend – I prayed to God for an amazing man, and that’s exactly what he sent me! When looking for a partner, it’s important to have someone as grounded as you are, and I’m glad to say he definitely is. He’s shown and taught me a great deal this year, and the amount of love I feel is incredible. Ladies, don’t give up on love after being in a toxic situation. There is also a rainbow on the other side. I’m thankful for everything that we shared this year, and so excited to continue to strengthen our bond.
- Career – In March, I transitioned into my dream job, being in the beauty industry! I’ve been able to network and connect with some many people it’s insane. This really helped me to take my career to the next level, and I’m very thankful for growth and the willingness to fight for more to enhance my career.
- Blog – My blog has grown so much since I moved to New York, and I think another factor has been the fact that I’ve stayed true to myself and my craft. I worked so hard on my blog this year, and I got out there, found an awesome photographer, and was able to produce the content that I dreamed of. I worked with Ulta Beauty, Tobi.com, FLOWER Eyewear and more. These opportunities came because I worked my butt off and put myself out there. I’m thankful for the grind.
What’s next for 2018?
In the new year I’m looking for more growth and advancement. I want to do more with my blog and experiment with other platforms. I want to travel more, and experience the world! I want to dedicate this year to placing focus on what’s most important to me – my family, my friends, my boyfriend, my career and my personal journey. Everything is do-able, but I want to have the continuous work ethic to follow through with everything (like my mom always tells me). WORK YOUR BUTT OFF IN 2018! That’s the motto.
Thank you to everyone who has supported The Britney Diaries and read every blog post. You guys are the real MVP’s and I’m so excited to produce more content for you in the new year!