Hi guys! If you’re anything like me, then you know how hard it can be to juggle all the things you want to do. One thing is for certain – we are not superheroes; we cannot do it all. Sometimes we pride ourselves on the fact that we can multi-task, but does that really help us focus on the priorities in the long-run? When we give ourselves an outrageous list of things to get done we tend to feel overwhelmed and defeated because we can’t accomplish them all. Don’t feel discouraged though – this happens to the best of us. The best thing to do is to find your routine and stay consistent with it. It takes 30 days to develop a habit, so let’s make sure we are developing positive ones that can help drive positive results in our personal life, career and relationships.
Check out my list of the top 10 things that help me maintain consistency in my daily life:
- Updating my planner with key dates
- Sending follow up emails to foster relationships
- Checking my calendar every morning to stay on the lookout for important meetings/events
- Setting reminders on when things need to be completed
- Write a list of micro things you want to accomplish each week that will help you get to your macro goal(s)
- Don’t just write your ideas down, speak them aloud. Talk to you friends or family about your plans. When you stay the things, you want to accomplish out loud you tend to feel more obligated to complete them.
- Research daily. Staying up to date with how you can better your routine will not only motivate you to stay on track, but it will help you develop new strategies and ideas to better your lifestyle
- Be realistic with yourself. Sometimes we don’t fall through with our plans because they are not conducive to our lifestyle. Understand your needs and your wants.
- Set aside time for yourself. This helps relieve the stress and pressure that goes along with being consistent.
- Always think about the long-term goals! Seeing how this will benefit you in the long run in a motivating factor.
I hope this is helpful!
As always, you can follow me on Instagram at @beelievedahype.
Have a great week guys! xo
Photographer: Crystal Cox | @TheMusingEye
themusinglens.com // Location: New York